Slip and Fall Lawyers
If you have been severely injured in a slip and fall accident caused by the negligence of a property owner, manager, or a government entity, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries. The slip and fall accident lawyers with Attorney Tom are here to make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. We’ve seen the impact that an unexpected injury accident can have on the lives and finances of victims and their families. That’s why we will aggressively seek full and fair compensation on your behalf.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights as well as the legal process surrounding one of these serious accidents. Attorney Tom can offer you a comprehensive assessment of your slip and fall accident and can help you determine if you have a case.
If the negligent actions of another party caused you to suffer severe injuries a slip and fall accident, contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer immediately. If you are unsure who may be at fault for your injuries, reach out to us today by going online or by calling 713-244-6363. We will offer a free consultation so that you’ll be equipped with the knowledge you need and can make the right decision on which firm to hire to represent your best interests.
Do I Need a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
After experiencing a traumatic injury from a slip and fall accident, you may be left feeling helpless and uncertain of what to do next. One thing you shouldn’t question after an accident of this nature is contacting an experienced slip and fall lawyer.
Immediate medical expenses might be apparent to you but you may not know what lies ahead financially as far as future medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and long-term pain management. A skilled slip and fall lawyer will have a deep understanding of this financial burden and will be able to make sure that you financially recover as much as you can so as to help ease this burden.
As the victim of an act of negligence that resulted in serious injury, you are already dealing with pain and suffering that you never thought you would have to. Taking on the task of representing yourself would only add to that pain, and could even take more of a taxing toll on you during a very stressful time.
The lawyers on Attorney Tom‘s team will fight on your behalf to make sure you receive what you are rightfully owed. Contact us today at 713-244-6363 for your free consultation, because we don’t get paid unless you get paid.
Slip and Fall Accident Cases We Handle
The personal injury lawyers with Attorney Tom have experience handling a wide range of slip and fall accident cases. Slip and fall accidents can have traumatizing results and can take place in several different locations. Below are the types of properties where slip and fall accidents most commonly take place:
- Public Property: This type of property can be classified as being owned and maintained by the state in which you reside. Examples of areas that would be considered public property include public streets, public sidewalks, and public parks. There are also buildings that fall into this category and can include public courthouses, state universities, and other public school buildings.
- Residential Property: Property that is defined as residential includes residences, such as townhomes, condominiums and single-family homes. It can also include private land that could be used for developmental residential purposes.
- Commercial Property: Office buildings, hotels, retail spaces, and warehouses are just a few examples of commercial property. Commercial property can be defined as property that is utilized for business purposes as opposed to residential purposes. Although, in some cases, multi-unit residential spaces can be categorized as commercial property.
Accidents on these different types of properties can occur for multiple different reasons. Some of the most common reasons for slip and fall accidents include:
- Poor maintenance of public property: Public areas such as parks, streets, and sidewalks need to be adequately maintained in order to avoid serious accidents. When there are dangerous objects or debris left in a public space, such as a park, they create conditions for a slip and fall accident to happen. The uneven pavement on sidewalks, cracks in the concrete, and potholes in public streets also threaten someone’s safety and increase the risk for an accident.
- Hazardous spills in common areas: Unfortunately, one of the most common ways for a slip and fall accident to take place involves wet flooring of some kind. This can involve the spillage of wet substances, including water, oil, or any other product with a slick texture. It is the responsibility of the property owner to make sure the flooring in their buildings remains suitable for safe walking conditions at all times. When spillage of this nature does occur, all wet flooring needs to be clearly marked with signs stating the dangers of potentially slipping in that area. Failure to swiftly warn people of these hazards can result in negligence and liability should an accident happen.
- Inadequate training in the workforce: Workplace related slip and fall accidents could occur when employers are insufficient with their training procedures. Employees may slip in their place of work, and may not have the proper equipment on, thus resulting in serious injury. Employees may also fall from a tall height because they were poorly trained on the hazards of their job and the equipment needed to perform their job. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide all necessary training information and safety tips so that employees feel safe in their workplace and avoid serious harm and injury.
- Inclement weather conditions in outdoor areas: When weather conditions are extreme, additional warnings should be present so as to help curb the chances of accidents happening outside buildings. This can include serious rainfall, thus resulting in someone potentially falling into a pothole, and roadways and sidewalks covered in ice potentially leading to someone slipping and falling on the pavement.
The reasons listed above are just a few examples of how a slip and fall accident can take place. One of these serious accidents can occur on any type of the above-stated properties in a multitude of different ways, but the way in which you seek compensation could be different based on the type of property it takes place on. This is another reason why it is best practice to have a certified slip and fall lawyer working for you to make sure you have the best chances to receive reparations for your injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few answers to frequently asked questions we hear regarding slip and fall accident cases. We hope this information is helpful to you, and remember that our team is available to you 24/7 to answer any specific questions you may have about your rights and your legal options. Call us at 713-244-6363 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
- Where did the slip and fall accident take place?
- What type of property were you on when you fell?
- What type of injuries did you sustain?
- Was your accident the result of another party’s negligence?
It is recommended that you work with a qualified lawyer in order to understand your rights and also to determine if you should seek legal action. Contact Attorney Tom today for a free evaluation to discuss your accident and to find out if you have a legal case.
- Unmarked, wet spots on floors
- Rough and uneven sidewalks
- Potholes in public streets
- Hazardous obstacles left out in the open
- Poor equipment and training in the workplace
Contact a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today
The slip and fall accident lawyers on Attorney Tom‘s team understand the severe impact that a slip and fall accident can have on an individual and their family. These accidents can leave you with life-altering injuries, immense debt due to medical expenses, and with a loss of wages resulting in the inability to pay for your own recovery. We are dedicated to helping you on your road to recovery by making sure you collect fair compensation for your trauma.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced lawyer today. Contact Attorney Tom online or call 713-244-6363 to start your free consultation.