You don't pay unless we win!

FAQs 18-Wheeler Accidents/Truck Accidents

What Should I do after an 18-wheeler/truck accident?

After an accident involving a commercial truck, make sure that you receive medical care. Call 911 so that the police document what happened at the scene and then seek a health evaluation even if you do not think you were hurt. Certain injuries have delayed symptoms, and an insurance company will be more likely to question the severity of your injuries if or when there is any gap in treatment. Another valuable step you can take is to photograph the scene of your accident (or have a friend or family member do it for you if you’ve been hospitalized), from the vehicles to other notable elements like skid marks. Also, look for any witnesses who saw the crash and obtain their names and phone.

Who can be held liable for a truck accident?

Depending upon the circumstances, more than one party could be held legally liable for a truck accident. Some of the possibly negligent parties may include the truck drivers, truck owner, truck part manufacturers, maintenance companies, shipping agencies, cargo loading companies, and governmental entities. In some cases, it is also possible that other drivers are to blame for a truck accident.

Why is a truck accident more likely to cause injury than one involving passenger cars?

A normally fully-loaded, huge truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more, whereas a normal passenger automobile weighs approximately 3,000 pounds. Due to this incredible size difference and the essential laws of physics, any collision between a huge truck or other commercial vehicle and a smaller passenger vehicle is likely to result in serious, and even fatal injuries.

What is a commercial Truck?

Commercial trucks are frequently alluded to as “big rig”, “semi-truck” or “tractor-trailer.” They are utilized by businesses to transport merchandise. Unlike other trucks, in any case commercial trucks require a commercial driver’s license to operate and frequently serve a specific purpose. Examples include eighteen-wheelers, tractor-trailers, tanker trucks, cement trucks, delivery vehicles, and other large freight trucks.

What are some of the qualifications that truck drivers need to meet?

Truck drivers have to have a valid commercial driver’s license as well as they got to meet a few physical wellness prerequisites. Truck drivers also have to be mindful of the state and federal motor carrier safety regulations. In Texas they need to be aware of the provisions of the Texas Commercial Driver’s Handbook.

Contact Attorney Tom Today if you Have been in an 18-Wheeler Accidents/ Truck Accident

It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as you have been in accident involving an 18-wheeler or any other commercial truck. Call Attorney Tom today at any time at (713) 244-6363.


View All Testimonials
Avvo Logo
American Justice Association Logo
khou11 Logo
Houston Buiness Journal Logo