Man killed in garage fire on Thrush Dr in southeast Houston

Posted on Sunday, February 6th, 2022 at 8:52 pm    

HOUSTON, TX – A man was killed in a garage fire in southeast Houston yesterday afternoon, according to information from KHOU.

The incident happened at a garage apartment in the 6500 block of Thrush Drive, near Belfort Road and Mykawa Road, at around 1 p.m.

After authorities extinguished the blaze, they discovered one victim dead within the burned residence. He was identified by family members as Wayne West, 63.

Family members suspect that a space heater recently given to him by a friend may have been the cause of the fire. Authorities continue to investigate the blaze and its possible origins at this time.

People dislike attorneys until they actually need one. Attorney Tom's team of Houston personal injury lawyers is prepared to help you if you've been hurt in an accident. Call (713) 244-6363 or fill out an online contact form and an experienced legal professional will reach out to you.

Note: This site is dedicated to reporting on accidents and injuries. We refer to existing news sources to create our posts. News articles often are updated to reflect new developments. Contact us if you have noticed any false or out of date information in this post so we can update it to be as informative as possible.

Disclaimer: is a local website. We hope that by exposing the frequency of accidental injuries in our community, we can help make the greater Houston area a safer place. It is our hope that exposing the prevalence of preventable injuries will help our friends and neighbors take the necessary measures to avoid such accidents. Information on is not legal advice.


View All Testimonials
Avvo Logo
American Justice Association Logo
khou11 Logo
Houston Buiness Journal Logo