Houston Rollover Accident Attorneys
Rollover car accidents are among the most serious types of car accidents and can result in life-threatening injuries to everyone inside the vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a rollover accident, our Houston rollover accident attorneys can determine whether you are eligible for financial compensation and work relentlessly to hold the negligent party responsible.
When a motor vehicle rolls over and slides on either its side or roof, everyone inside is at risk of severe injury. Statistics from 2014 report that 514 people were killed and 1,798 were seriously injured in rollover accidents just in the state of Texas.
Rollover accidents are incredibly frightening for everyone involved, leaving victims with both physical and emotional injuries. A majority of rollover accidents involve larger vehicles with a higher center of gravity like pickup trucks and SUVs.
Sadly, the vehicle you purchased that you believed would keep you and your loved ones safe due to its size and vantage point could potentially put you at serious risk if it was designed or manufactured poorly.
Attorney Tom knows the aftermath of a rollover accident can be a trying time for everyone involved. From losing a loved one to suffering devastating injuries yourself, the consequences of a rollover accident are immense and life-altering. On top of physical or emotional damage, you shouldn’t have to also suffer financially.
Our team of Houston rollover accident lawyers will go over every detail of your case to determine who was at fault, even if it means suing multiple parties. We are here to help you through this stressful and scary time and will work diligently to maximize the compensation you receive.
To learn more about how we can help, schedule a free consultation with Attorney Tom today by calling (713) 244-6363, and let us take it from here.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
In an ideal world, you shouldn’t need an attorney to be fairly compensated for damages following an accident caused by someone else. The responsible party and their insurance companies would look at the facts of the case and compensate victims fairly and fully, without any questions or resistance.
Unfortunately, that type of world doesn’t exist, and that’s where rollover accident attorneys come in. Insurance companies maximize profits by receiving premiums, then limiting the amount they pay out in claims.
This system means you may receive far less than you deserve or, in some cases, maybe nothing at all from insurance companies. A skilled rollover accident attorney can look at the details of your accident, build a strong argument, and stand up to bad faith insurance companies.
The days and weeks after a car accident can be overwhelming for accident victims. Along with having to get your car repaired or replaced, seeing doctors for medical care, and potentially going through rehabilitation to get back on your feet, you won’t have the time or the energy to file a claim and interact with insurance adjusters.
The Houston rollover accident attorneys will take care of every aspect of your case so you can spend time focusing on your health and recovery. And because we work on a contingency basis you don’t have to worry about paying anything unless we win.
Why Choose Attorney Tom?
After a vehicle rollover accident, you need the peace of mind that someone is watching out for you and doing everything possible to make things right. After deciding that you need an attorney to handle your case, the most important decision you’ll make is which law firm to partner with.
The Houston rollover accident lawyers on Attorney Tom‘s team aren’t in the business of just settling a case and moving on to the next one. We are here to serve members of our community, lead them through this dark time, and help them rebuild their lives.
While other law firms will gladly take your case and add you to their extensive caseload, we promise to treat your case like it’s our only one. We will utilize every resource we have to strengthen your claim and keep you informed every step of the way so you always know what’s going on and are never in the dark.
We are available around the clock and we want you and your family to be part of the process as much or as little as you want. Above all, we treat you with the care and respect you deserve, not just as accident victims or clients, but as human beings going through a terrible time in life.
Let us show you how committed we are to our clients. Contact us at (713) 244-6363 or fill out a contact form online to schedule a free consultation today.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
Whether your accident occurred during a sharp turn, driving up an incline, or in inclement weather, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
There are some cases where the driver is responsible for the accident due to overly aggressive driving, but in most cases, rollover accidents are the product of design flaws, vehicle defects, and, in some cases, dangerous road conditions.
Contact the Houston rollover accident lawyers today if you have been involved in a rollover accident caused by any of the following:
- Tire failure – In some cases, tire blowouts or failure can cause the driver to lose control and the vehicle to flip or roll, especially when traveling at high speeds on highways and freeways.
- Design flaws – In an effort to design a trendy or stylish vehicle, some vehicles have a high center of gravity. This is most common in SUVs and can lead to a rollover accident if the driver makes a sharp turn or when roads are wet.
- Defective suspension – When a vehicle’s suspension fails, it loses stability, increasing the risk of a rollover accident. In these cases, you can hold the manufacturer or designer liable.
- Bad road conditions – Municipalities are responsible for designing, constructing, and maintaining roads to keep motorists safe. Sometimes, the government doesn’t live up to its end of the deal. When roads have very sharp turns and lack proper warning signs or aren’t properly maintained, rollover accidents can occur.
Rollover accidents are often not the fault of the driver and, in many cases, happen because of external circumstances beyond the driver’s control. We can determine whether a design flaw, defect, or failure or negligence by a local and state government entity caused your accident and then take appropriate legal action.
Rollover Accident Injuries
A rollover accident can be one of the most frightening experiences of your life. And while they put everyone’s safety in jeopardy, they can be especially dangerous, and potentially fatal, for passengers who aren’t wearing seatbelts. These types of crashes are violent and passengers who aren’t buckled in can be thrown around and even ejected from the vehicle, which can result in catastrophic injuries.
Another major cause of injury in a rollover accident is a crushed roof. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that about 600 people die every year in vehicle accidents where the roof is crushed in.
A study using data from the National Automotive Sampling System–Crashworthiness Data System (NASS-CDC) from the years 1997 to 2007 reported that every 10 centimeters of increased roof collapse results in a 64% increase in the chance of life-threatening injury.
Some of the most common injuries suffered by victims of a rollover accident include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – The consequences of being hurled around inside a vehicle can do significant damage to your head and brain, resulting in long-term disability, paralysis, and loss of motor or cognitive skills.
- Neck and Spinal Cord Injuries – Neck and back injuries can seriously damage the spinal cord leaving some victims paralyzed and in need of lifelong care.
- Loss of Limbs/Amputation – Legs and arms can be crushed by the vehicle and lead to amputation. This can impact every area of a victim’s life and may require extensive medical care and loss of career.
- Paralysis – Head and spinal cord injuries can cause partial or full paralysis, resulting in a lifetime of care and rehabilitation.
- Internal Bleeding and Organ Damage – These injuries can be the most serious because they aren’t visible to the naked eye. Internal bleeding and organ damage can lead to serious complications, including death.
- Death – Many rollover accidents are fatal. Surviving family members can take legal action through a wrongful death claim and recover damages for funeral expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
Contact Attorney Tom Today
Dealing with the aftermath of a rollover accident is painful and stressful. From learning to live with injuries or disabilities to potentially losing a loved one, the damage these accidents cause to individuals and families is almost unimaginable.
The Houston rollover accident attorneys are here to help you recover financial compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your accident.
To learn more about how we can take legal action against negligent vehicle designers, manufacturers, drivers, or even municipalities and hold them accountable, contact Attorney Tom today at (713) 244-6363.